She was lovely and fair...........

So June absolutely flew by at a hundred miles an hour.  School finished, for most people but not me, don't think I've stopped since.  But while I've been busy with work, I've also been busy doing lovely exciting things that this mummy loves.  I had the absolute pleasure and daunting task of being one of the judges for this year's Cork Rose, I won tickets to the amazing Style Night as part of the Oyster Festival in the Rising Tide and we've been busy growing, cooking and concocting in the garden, and all that with a side splash of summer madness with the boys and family home from Saudi.

She was Lovely and Fair.......

Like the rose of the summer.  I am addicted to all things Rosie, I have been since I was knee high to a grasshopper and will continue to be until I become compost.  I love the Rose of Tralee!!!! and I'm am so proud to be a part of the extended Rose family.  I was over the moon, when the wonderful Denis Griffin asked me to be part of the judging panel for this year's Cork Rose.  What an honour!!!!  Of course my diary was free ( or at least wiped clean when I got the invitation!)  But what a daunting task!  Cork is always one of the biggest centre, and as a regular attender, I know that the talent, intelligence and generosity of the girls is amazing and this year was no different.  We met 42 amazing young women, who were a credit to themselves, their families and their communities.  I knew it would be a hard job, but I savoured being part of it.
The task was made all the more enjoyable by the delightful company of Veronica Hunt, the 2010 Kerry Rose ( a Cork woman, but we wont go there ;)) and Denis Deery, General Manager of Fels Point Hotel in Tralee, home of the International Rose of Tralee Festival.
It was extremely difficult to chose one Rose from such a fine bouquet, a representative for the county, but there had to be one and that lucky girl was Aoife Murphy.  I know she will do Cork so proud when she makes the journey to Tralee in August.



On an aside, got to get dressed up for the first time in ages over that weekend and must say I felt like an absolute princess on the first night of selection in this beautiful dress from the Princess Rooms in Cobh.  Sarah always has such an eye for things and is such a great stylist.  I wasn't sure about the shape of this one, but after trying it on..............
Her shop is a must visit for any brides out there bridesmaid dress shopping!!  Check her out @ The Princess Rooms



Sandra's Style Night @ Cork Oyster Festival


I regularly click the like and share button on Facebook competitions, but you never assume anything and for the most part if you do assume anything, it's that you are not going to win!  Well when I saw the competition for two tickets to Sandra's Style Night on the RSVP Facebook page I clicked.  I had hoped to go to this event anyway, but with family home visiting and a hundred other things going on I never got around to it.  Anyway long story short I won and had the pleasure, thanks to RSVP Magazine, of attending this wonderful event.
Fabulously run (as always) by the very talented Sandra Murphy (The Rising Tide) and of course the very glamorous and hard working Vivienne McCarthy and Emer O Mahony of Lockdown Models.  The show showcased local independent retailers and milliners and I must say Tina Hemlock Coyne of Elizabeth Christina Design stole the show for me!  I absolutely adored her hats and can't wait to get an opportunity to wear one!!!! (Watch this space)
The food was amazing, dessert in the rain of a 99er and music by Stevie G made for a great night out in the company of my wonderful, hardworking mother in law.
Have made a mental note that I must go to more of these nights.



And the Rest......

Other than that life has been pretty busy just being a mum, working and trying to be a good wife.  We've been celebrating Father's Day, growing veg in the garden, foraging and making Rhubarb cordial and Elderflower champagne.  (Blogposts on these to follow)








Looking forward to July now with time off, adventures with the boys and lots of creative writing!

Have a great weekend, I'm off to a wedding today, can't wait to see the beautiful Caroline and Peter get married!


Lots of Love
T
xxx

Comments

Popular Posts