An Evening for Giving Thanks

I know we don't celebrate the tradition here on the Emerald Isle, but it's a holiday I've always been envious of.  I am always looking for an excuse to celebrate and sip bubbles!  But more importantly what I like about this holiday is how it makes you step back and appreciate the people and things in your life that from day to day we can sometimes take for granted.  I had planned quite a significant blog post for this one, but as with the nature of the beast, the posts I should be spending time on, being thankful and appreciating the wonderful people in my life, are the posts I find I'm trying to squeeze in between work, the lads and trying to get fit again!  So although this is going to be short, I hope its sweetness will make up for that.

The People

There is one man in my life that makes everything worthwhile and possible.  I never dreamt when we met so young that we would still be together and still be so happy.  He completes me, and I am so thankful for him.  No other man would put up with me, support me and love me like he does.  I wouldn't have my two beautiful boys without him, and they are two more amazing things to be thankful for.  Sleepless nights, terrible two and funky nappies are nothing on the giggles, the cuddles and the love you get from your kids.
I am truly blessed to have the most wonderful people in my life.  I am truly thankful for the fact that I get to live so close to my own family, while building my own little unit.  Having Aunties and Uncles, Grannies and Granddads so close and such a major influence in my boys lives is amazing. 
       

I am also so thankful for all the friends I have in my life, the ones that I rarely see that are still always there for me and understanding of how busy life can be, for the ones that put up with me day to day and tolerate my every mood and latest whim and for those one or two that share my deepest secrets and encourage me on my pursuit of my ultimate dream.  I am lucky to have you all in my life.


The Things

Firstly I am thankful for my health and the health of those around me.  As they say your health is your wealth. I am grateful and thankful for the beautiful place I live, the wonderful crisp morning walks by the sea and the opportunities and adventures it offers us and the boys.  I am thankful for warm winter fires, cups of tea and chocolate, for electric blankets, hot showers after long runs, cosy socks, new underwear, and the list could go on and on.  The more I think about it the more I realise I have so much to be thankful for.
I better mention how thankful I am for Pinterest and the infinite amount of inspiration and creativity it gives me.  It has given me a new lease of life in the kitchen, on the sewing machine and so many words of wisdom.


And Finally......

I am thankful for bubbles and the little bursts of excitement they add to my life from time to time.  Having so much fun at the moment working on my Champagne Christmas Bubble Wish list for you.  Have met lots of local suppliers in the last week or two and already have lots of ideas for you, and me of course, to suit all budgets and tastes.
Photo: Loving the new champers glasses I got in SuperValu's latest offer - just a little bigger than the average flute! Nice for Friday bubbles

And just before I sign off I just want to say thank you to YOU!  I started this blog to write for myself, an online diary of sorts and didn't think anyone would read it.  Delighted that you are reading and I'm loving it more and more.  Please do comment and leave feedback, love hearing from you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night!  

I'll raise a glass of fizz to you all tomorrow night, when it's not a school night.
Lots of Love 
xxx
PS Short and sweet as promised :p

Comments

Popular Posts