Oh what a ....

Oh what a 6 weeks it has been. 

Six weeks ago taking on the Educo Challenge was both a terrifying and exciting thing.  No one wants to admit they've left themselves go and far too many of us just don't want to put in the effort to kick start themselves to get back to where they should be.  I sent off the email initially, genuinely thinking I wouldn't be picked, but oh I'm I forever grateful that I was?
Support, encouragement, positive reinforcement, leading by example are all things I promote as a teacher, and I experienced them all in the hands of the wonderful team in Educogym Glanmire.  I experienced nothing but positivity and encouragement.  Is it difficult?  Of course it is, but nothing good in life comes easy, you always have to work and put the time in to truly benefit from things.  
The staff in Glanmire; Michelle, Holly, Keith and Mike; you made my Educo experience so fulfilling. I can't thank you enough. Michelle your advice and encouragement on nutrition was invaluable. Mike and Keith you reignited my love of 'the burn'.  I have the passion to sweat back and that is nothing short of a miracle! So I guess that makes you St Mike and St Keith.  ( in my books anyway )
To Irene and Nessa, firstly thank you for the opportunity, but also for the encouragement and support, thankfully this truly has been a life and health changing experience.  16 lbs in six weeks has far exceeded my expectations, it has ignited my desire to push myself and to strive to remain fit. The Great Island 10 looms but not with dark ominous clouds, rather with excited anticipation. 
You've created a monster!

(Before and after pics to come!!!!!)

Oh what a night! 

Last night was the 8th Annual Butterfly Ball.  The culmination of a lot of hard work from my very dedicated and hard working committee.  And oh what a night it was!!!!!! We were the biggest we ever were, which is an achievement in itself.  Add to that an amazing meal, a very generous crowd and one infamous dance off - Bond (aka JBM) versus Magic Mike (Dave H)  and you have the makings of an excellent night.  Surrounded by so many wonderful people, it was nice to take time out to chat to people who are normally just screen encounters.  Ann Spillane, you are an inspiration, Ciara O Callaghan - what a stunning family you are!!! Your mum is like an older sister! Helen McCauley you are very much a social and social media Butterfly. 
It was a great night, monies are being totted up and hope to have an amount in the coming days but I am overwhelmed as always at the generously of people, it is truly inspiring. 
Roll on next year - Butterfly Ball 2015 March 7th Fota Island Resort 

 

(PS massive thanks to the wonderful Caroline from VIP Beauty Rooms in Carrigtwohill for the beautiful tan, you always feel so much skinnier and sexier with a tan!)

More pics from the night on my FB page or the Butterfly Wings page.

Oh what a .........

So after what has been a hectic couple of weeks between babies, burpees and balls I sat down Sunday night to a glass of my favourite thing in life - bubbles. Oh how I love the bubbles. It was great to put the feet up and chill out before chaos rains again.


Don't think I dropped the BCRA bomb and did a legger, I will write a post in the coming weeks explaining what it is and how it effects life, but just want to do it justice, so taking my time.

Hope you all have a great week in the lead up to the bank holiday weekend and my santos!!!! Paddy's Day.
 So looking forward to Wednesday and meeting the Educotransformers for the last time as a group.  Will let you know how we get on.
T
xxx

 

Comments

Popular Posts